Thursday 19 September 2013

Visual Communication 2:2

Using a scalpel, I cut out the text of one of my images I edited on Photoshop in the previous lesson. Once I completed that, I went along to where students were shining light through the images. This created a shadow on the wall that emphasised the parts that had been cut out due to the light shining through. Compositionally, I think the paper being in the shot works really well. This made me think to research artists that use this technique regularly and I came across Adam Frank. He creates cut-out pieces of art and emits the shadows by placing them in front of a candle. I enjoyed the various ways I could make my text look by altering the position I place it in front of the light.






Adam Frank



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages