Thursday 19 September 2013

Screen printing


 Today I screen printed my chosen edited photograph in numerous different colours on paper and fabric. I plan to collage onto the images to create alternate pieces of work. I am going to sew and glue some things and draw and paint onto them accordingly. This way of working links back to the work of Robert Rauschenburg which I researched during my fine are classes. Like what I am doing, he revolved his work around the time and era of which he created it. Another artist I like and feel like I can relate to is Sigmund Polke. His work is very illustrative. He has bold designs above colourful bold and simplistic backgrounds, both contrasting yet complementing each other.

I enjoyed learning how to screen print and it will become a useful skill for me to use in the near future.




Robert Rauschenburg

War
Prints
Collage

Sigmund Polke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages