Thursday 26 September 2013

Life Drawing: 2B pencil

Tonight I attended my first evening life drawing class. Although I knew what to expect, I didn't fully know what I was going to be drawing and this made me nervous. After a few minutes of drawing our model I suddenly felt at ease and I enjoyed it greatly. Richard - the fine art tutor - reminded us to concentrate on the body as a whole not just one section at a time. Doing that can alter the proportion and the image is can become distorted or detached. I made the mistake of not properly measuring the model's legs which resulted in the drawing not being proportional. Over time I will become more confident in the measuring. Tonight I used a 2B pencil, I am looking forward to the next lesson as I can't wait to gain more skills and try it in lots of different mediums.



Alberto Giacometti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages