Wednesday 11 September 2013

Fine Art 1:2

Today was the first fine art lesson. It involved altering photographs by collaging, adding text and painting/drawing onto them. The influences I had were Gerhard Richter, John Stezaker and Robert Rauschenburg, they all had similar ideas however they used different techniques.

To link this work to the artifacts I photographed in Blackburn museum, I made sure I worked in a way where my thoughts could be portrayed.

In the collages I created I didn't include any paint as we will be continuing with that next lesson. I used fine liner and I used different images from cut outs of photographs and and magazines. I mainly thought to use my photographs as the base like a canvas which I would then add things onto. However, I made an image from a magazine cut out on top of some simple lined paper and rather than the main thing being the photograph. The main thing now was the text I revolved around the image which I gained from biblical references. This, along with my other photo collages, expresses the irony and hypocrisy within societies.


Gerhard Richter

Richter alters photographs by distorting an image by using materials such as paint, bleach and pastels onto it. I will be experimenting with his techniques next lesson as today I have been putting my own ideas onto my images.
image not avaialable

John Stezaker

Stezaker focuses on portrait photography and collaging different faces together to create abstract imagery. I have not yet experimented with this idea, it could link really well to my idea to put together numerous faces of different Gods.


Robert Rauschenburg

Rauschenburg collages together lots of different images  which create an overall finished piece of artwork. I have used aspects of his collaging techniques on of my work using my own photographs and magazine cut-outs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages