Friday 16 May 2014

Thinking about scale

I've just purchased 5 packs of Fimo. 3 yellow blocks, a light brown block and a dark brown block. My first step will be creating the giraffe successfully. In total just 5 packs of Fimo cost me £10 so I can't afford to make a mistake. After experimenting with the modelling clay, I know I need to focus a lot more on the structuring of the model rather than moulding the clay straight away. I have begun to think about the scale of my boxes, have I done them too big? One block of Fimo itself looks just about big enough to complete one leg of my giraffe!
My idea is to create a frame first with newspaper like I did with the Modroc. I have bought some building straws that will help serve as a sort of scaffolding. By doing this I save myself a lot of Fimo as I will only need to wrap it round the paper and mould it into shape with more detail. I have an image in my head of how my final outcome will look and I need it to be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages