Thursday 15 May 2014

Modelling clay 12 hour dry

Today I bought some clay-like material which is like plasticine but it can harden in 12 hours whereas plasticine never solidifies. With this substance I can paint it once it is dry, the only problem is is that it'll need to harden in a certain shape so it can stand up on it's own. I did a small practice giraffe and got the idea to hang it on string. After experimenting with this, I am not overall happy with the way it works. However, doing this gave me a really good idea! I have an image in my mind of how I can display this in exhibition. I want to pursue this straight away however I want to look into buying a material that dries instantly for example Fimo that goes into the oven. If I buy this I will not need to paint it, I will have to buy each colour separately which is more expensive however I will be much more happier with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages