Wednesday 14 May 2014

Making the boxes

Making the boxes was a lot easier than I anticipated, regardless of the fact that my first attempt was horrifically bad. Instead of thinking about it I simply put the nail to the MDF and hammered. This resulted in cracks and major unevenness. I also learnt that it would work a great deal more of the sides were on either side of the back slab rather than on top, this would result in more room to work in.
After the realisation that I needed help off a technician, it wasn't long before I was alongside Bill creating my boxes much more efficiently. Working as a team, I drilled holes into the MDF whilst proceeding to pass them onto Bill in which he'd hammer the nails into them. Once this task was complete, I measured the sides of the boxes and asked if he could saw them accordingly, once this was complete we continued working together to complete the boxes.

Now they are done, I need to give them another layer of paint before proceeding to find ways of how I can officially create my interpretation of the poetry in an interactive way for the end of year exhibition.
Organising the slabs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages