Friday 16 May 2014

Rewind back to the 2D paper in the boxes



This design will be simplistic, like my card board experiments. It isn't going to be a big 3D sculpture. I am not a 3D artist however I wanted to push the boat out for the exhibition. I am thinking of my audience and how I want them to engage in something more than just a book of watercolours. Although it is going to be a sculpture, nothing about it will be very much 3D. The animals are going to be cut out of lined paper; lined because that is what the character Daisy is writing her wishes on. Amongst puffs of thought-clouds each animal will placed, each on higher than the other going through the box floors. There will be no colour as these animals have come from a black and white written letter. This will complement the watercolours in the book, Daisy's Giraffe, which will be alongside the boxes. The book will have the original poetry and illustrations in it which will narrate and explain the boxes.


Joel Henriques
Invisible string will be used to hold my drawings up but will not be noticed which will make it look like they aren't being supported by anything.
My drawings will be simple like this, the black ink contrasts massively against the white and I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages