Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Gallery

We have been given an empty shop in Blackburn to exhibit our work in. I am ecstatic about this opportunity and I am looking forward to working in the space I am given. I chose the window space as it has a ledge that I can use as a table to continue working on. First however I need to complete the space around me.
I will be revolving my work around the trip to Africa by putting my framed drawings up all over the wall. I plan for the drawings to be placed above a big drawing that I will have done straight onto the wall which will serve as a background. I also want to put some text on the window. I want the text to be a quote from Africa however I'm not sure which quote would be most effective as I collected a few. It will be between "In Africa we always say 'I'll see to that', it's a less diplomatic way of saying no" and "They were shooting inside and outside."
The opportunity to work in a different space and environment will help process different thoughts and ideas. I will be continuously working on things in the shop during the day so I can speak to any members of the public that wish to speak about my work, my experiences in Africa or that simply want to watch how I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages