Friday 15 November 2013

Fine liner drawing


Rather than doing more watercolour, I created a piece of work using just my fine liner pen. This style of work is my favourite. The reason I haven't been doing it often is because it is quite time consuming. When drawing up ideas or doing quick observational work, watercolour is the best medium as the outcome is fast and effective. In this drawing I cut out the photograph of the girl and then worked around her. This reflects that she can never be altered however her surroundings could be anything if she had the power to change it.

This style of work relates to the my favourite influential illustrators Chris Riddell, Brett Helquist and David Day.
David Day
Brett Helquist
Bloodoak by Chris Riddell
Chris Riddell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages