Wednesday 13 November 2013

Ron Mueck

Watching a documentary about 3D sculptor Ron Mueck taught me that everything is relevant regardless of what categories of art things fall in. Mueck is a contemporary artist who is creating his interpretation of realism. His influences were sculptures like 'The Little Dancer' by Edgar Degas and the mother and child painting by DΓΌrer. What influenced him was the way that the subjects never look completely real. Although my preferred way of working isn't like Muecks, the ideas and the passion is still relevant in every artist's work. I found it interesting watching how he works and how he progresses through each stage. Although I am not a huge fan of his work, I have a lot of respect and understanding for the reasons why he does it and the time it takes for him to accomplish a finished piece.
Durer 
Mueck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages