Thursday 27 March 2014

FMP Proposal

Proposal Doc

I have acquired a great deal of organisational skills when handling numerous ideas and gaining the ability to then successfully portray them in my progression of work. As well as maturing more mentally, I have also expanded my knowledge when concerning different mediums such as textiles, wire-cutting and print making. Based on experience, I am confident that my project will progress rapidly and efficiently with a large amount of experimental work behind it. It will conclude that I am capable of working independently and I have a worthy amount of curiosity to consistently produce interesting and favourable pieces of work.

 I aim to produce a collection of images, however, how I am going to display them is not yet clear. They will be a set of illustrations towards a collection of poetry that has yet to be published. The book will not be published in time for the exhibition so this gives me the idea to create my own personal assignment alongside the commission based work. I can explore the use of various materials and learn techniques such as learning how to make a book from scratch. This also gives me the chance to become more confident when print making.

Having already been influenced by Illustrators Chris Riddell, Quentin Blake and Tim Burton, I need to proceed to search more narrowly, finding illustrators and artists that dedicate themselves to children’s literature as well as delving deep into the history of illustration. The poetry revolves around zoo animals, this means I need to visit a zoo with my camera. Although a lot of my sketches are from my head, I need some original core material that I can base my work around in addition to the literature. I will also enjoy visiting galleries and libraries as doing so is much more influential as opposed to surfing the internet.

My plan is to travel down as many experimental routes as I can using various techniques and materials. All the resources I need are easily available at my local craft stores and online. I am ordering Modroc as I plan to try-out 3D art, this can allow me to create further ideas such as photographic illustration. I am aware that there is limited space when exhibiting the final outcome of this project. I am comfortable with this as my intentions are not on a large scale; I simply want to depict what I love to do most which is tell a tale with pictures. 

I will evaluate my ideas, research and processes by keeping up to date via sketchbook and blog, permitting me to continuously re-evaluate and develop my project. I have learnt that the endless process of evaluation and clear understanding of the progression of work will allow me to organise further ideas efficiently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages