Wednesday 5 March 2014

Edinburgh Interview

Today I had my Edinburgh interview. I was extremely pleased to have received an invitation as I was worried due to a student in my class being rejected at the first hurdle. With this in mind I began to feel confident that my volume of work will make me successful. When arriving at the art college, I set my folder down onto a table and opened it ready for the tutors to investigate it. Whilst the tutors looked at our folders, a student ambassador showed us the studios and workplaces. Although I have looked around twice before, this time I could see the students in their work places. This was an exciting experience, the spaces they have are great and the lighting and the views are amazing. I felt happy and at home there. This just makes the prospect of being rejected even more terrifying. Once we had finished the tour we returned to the room where are folders were being looked at. Eventually we were invited in for a chat with the Tutors. At this point I was racking my brain thinking I needed to ask a question and make myself heard but all my questions had already been answered during the tour and the Tutor's introduction! Eventually a thought came to mind and I asked a question about the times the studios are open and how long I can spend in there. There answer was technically 24/7 which pleased me. After the talk I went over to my folder, this meant that the Tutors could put a face to the work. Whether this was a bad thing or not, I don't know, but he approached me and conversed with me briefly. I am glad he did as it gave me a chance to show my personality to him. He then left, with me eventually following behind in which he wished me a safe journey home and good luck. Now I wait for their reply on UCAS. I am hoping it is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages